For residents of the EU, please note that this policy has been updated in accordance with the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Multi-Value is a mystery shopping organisation. Our services consist of executing customer experience visits for our customers, with which we contribute to improving customer experiences in our customers’ premises or on their channels. We hope that shoppers everywhere will use the Multi-Value platform to request and execute mystery shopping assignments, contributing in this way to improved customer experiences with our customers.
The term ‘Multi-Value’ in this document refers to the Multi-Value websites and our iOS and Android apps that give you access to this platform. Multi-Value uses the secure software of Shopmetrics, an IT organisation in Bulgaria, to process data. The terms ‘Multi-Value’, ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ also refer to the companies that manage our services.
Multi-Value’s services are managed and provided to the customer by Multi-Value BV, Multi-Value BVBA or Multi-Value GmbH. The Multi-Value platform can be accessed by our shoppers. In terms of the EU data protection legislation, Multi-Value is also the controller of your data.
3.0 Our legal grounds for collecting, using, sharing and otherwise processing your information
Multi-Value relies on a number of legal grounds to collect, use, share and otherwise process your information for the purposes described in this policy. These legal grounds include:
- where this is necessary for the execution of the agreements with our customers and the provision of the services;
- where you have given your consent to the processing, which you can withdraw at any time;
- where Multi-Value must comply with a legal obligation or a court order or to exercise and defend legal actions;
- where this is necessary for the protection of your vital interests or those of others;
- where you have clearly made the information public;
- where this is necessary in the general interest; and
- where this is necessary for the legitimate interests of Multi-Value or a third party, such as those of customers, visitors, shoppers or partners.
We process your information to promote the following legitimate interests:
- keep the services safe and secure:we use your information if this is necessary to protect our, our customers’ and our shoppers’ legitimate interests to guarantee the safety of Multi-Value, for example by implementing and improving safety and protection measures, by protecting against fraud, spamming and abuse and by maintaining our responsibilities to our customers and shoppers;
- the provision, improvement and development of our services:we use your information to provide the services to our customers and to further improve and develop these services; we do this from a perspective of the legitimate interest of our shoppers on the one hand to continuously provide a tailor-made offer to them and of our customers on the other hand to continually improve the quality of our services;
- the seamless provision of services within the entire Multi-Value group of companies:if our services require the involvement of other Multi-Value companies, we share your information with these affiliated companies to provide and improve the services; for example, information managed by Multi-Value BV is transmitted to Multi-Value BVBA, which assists Multi-Value BV in executing mystery shopping assignments in several countries.
When we provide our services, we collect or receive information in various ways. In many cases, you can decide what information you want to provide, although some information is essential for you to use Multi-Value and for us to provide the services. We use this information for the purposes described below.
4.1 From you or with your consent. We collect various types of information from you when you provide it to us directly, when we request it from you or when you give us consent to obtain it from a third party. Below are some examples:
- when you register as a mystery shopper at Multi-Value, you provide your name, address, phone number, profile photo, e-mail address and equivalent information to us;
- when you become a mystery shopper at Multi-Value, but we do not yet have any assignments in your area, you can decide to provide your contact information to us and ask us to inform you when assignments do arise;
- when you request assignments or accept proposed assignments, you provide your invoice and/or payment details, so that you can be paid for the executed assignments;
- when you contact us with a request for support or comments, you can provide your contact information and a description of the problem to us, so that we can respond.
4.2 From your browser and device. As is the case with almost every other online service, we automatically collect technical information that is created when you visit or use Multi-Value or read a message from us. We collect information from your browser, computer or mobile device, which provides technical information to us when you use Multi-Value as a visitor or mystery shopper, including:
- device datathat tells us about the device you use, the type and model, the operating system and the version of it, the unique ID number, crash data (when applicable) and the settings you activated (for example, the location services setting on your smartphone); your device and software settings affect the information your device provides to us;
- login datathat is automatically stored by our servers based on data sent by your app or browser; this usually includes the date and time of your visit, the browser or app version you used (and its settings), the URL that you came from and you next go to, your IP address and protocol and the way you used Multi-Value (for example, the links you clicked);
4.3 From third parties and public sources. We engage technical third-party service providers and partners to technically process the data we collect within their software platform. Data processing takes place exclusively within the secure environment of IT company Shopmetrics.
5.0 How we use your information
We use the information we have to help us provide, operate, improve, understand, adapt, support and market our services to our customers. Employees of Multi-Value may access your information to contact you about outstanding assignments, to assign you assignments and to monitor the execution of the assignments.
5.1 Getting started with Multi-Value. In order to manage and provide our services, we use information to enable you to get started on your mystery shopping assignments for Multi-Value.
- We verify that you live at the address you gave us.
- We use your bank details to pay your executed assignments in a legally responsible manner.
- When you register, your personal information is used to set up your profile. This allows us to assign our customers’ assignments in a targeted and automated manner based on your profile attributes and make sure the customer experience visits we organise for our customers are executed by shoppers who meet a specific profile.
- to support companies recommended by Multi-Value shoppers;
- to understand aggregated and anonymised trends, usage statistics and demographic data from the shoppers we serve;
- to respond to your requests for support and comments;
- to diagnose and solve problems, to analyse trends and to monitor aggregated use and the need for sources;
- for our own marketing activities, such as executing analyses to obtain statistics about and insights into the use of our services.
6.0 Your rights
You can exercise a number of rights with regard to your information that we process. Some of these rights are generally applicable, others only in a limited number of cases. These rights are described below.
6.1 Access and portability. You can access a lot of your information on Multi-Value by logging into your Multi-Value account and by checking under ‘My settings’. If you need additional access or if you are currently not registered as a mystery shopper at Multi-Value, please e-mail [email protected] request a copy of your information from Multi-Value. Where this is required by law, we will make your information available in an easily accessible format and assist you in transmitting part of this information to third parties.
6.2 Rectification, limitation, erasure. You can also rectify, limit or restrict a lot of your information on Multi-Value by logging into your Multi-Value account. If you are unable to do this, if you do not have a Multi-Value account or if you want to deregister as a mystery shopper, please e-mail [email protected] Deregistering does not mean that all your information will be erased immediately. We will not keep your information longer than necessary. In order to resolve any disputes and to be able to meet our agreements with our customers, we will retain the necessary data for another year in our databases.
6.3 Objection. If we process your information on the basis of our legitimate interests as set out above or in the general interest, you may object to this processing under certain circumstances. In such cases, we will stop processing your information, unless we have compelling legitimate reasons to continue processing it or when this is necessary for legal reasons. If we use your information for direct marketing, you can always object by using the unsubscribe link in the communication concerned, by changing your account settings or, if you do not have an account, by e-mailing [email protected]
6.5 Complaints. If you have an account and you want to express your concern about our use of your data (and without prejudice to other rights that you may have), you have the right to do so with your local supervisory authority or the lead supervisory authority of Multi-Value, the Data Protection Authority.
7.0 Sharing information in the event of company reorganisation. If the company is subject to reorganisation, such as a merger or acquisition of some or all assets, we may, in accordance with our legitimate interests, have to share information in the course of the transaction. In such circumstances, your information may be made public, if permitted by applicable law, in connection with a business restructuring, sale or assignment of assets, merger or other changes of control or financial status of Multi-Value.
8.0 Legal and safety reasons. We may retain, save or share your personal information if we believe in good faith that it is reasonably necessary to (a) respond to a legal request (for example, a subpoena, search warrant, court order or other request from a government or enforcement authority) on the basis of applicable law, (b) detect, investigate, prevent and tackle fraud and other illegal activities, security or technical issues, (c) protect our rights, property or safety, (d) maintain our code of conduct for mystery shoppers or any other agreement we have with you, and (e) prevent physical injury or other damage to a person or entity, including yourself and the general public. Our legal team reviews every request we receive from enforcement authorities and we regularly request changes to requests that we believe contain procedural errors or which are too broad.
9.0 Data retention
We may retain your information on our server logs, in our databases and in our archives for as long as necessary in view of the purposes as set out in this policy, subject to any legal obligation to retain such information.
10.1 Account security. Multi-Value uses technical and organisational measures designed to keep your data safe, including the use of https on our web pages to reduce the risk of unauthorised interception of your communication during your visits to the website. Your data is collected and processed within the secure platform of Shopmetrics. As a mystery shopper, you use this secure platform to safely execute the requested and assigned jobs for customers. However, be aware that the internet is not a completely safe environment and we cannot guarantee that your personal information will not be intercepted or that inappropriate access will not be obtained. Keep your password safe and do not share it with anyone.
10.2 Other services and websites. When using Multi-Value, you may come across links to websites and services offered by third parties. These third parties have their own privacy policies, which will apply to your activity when you click on the links and access their website or service. We do not accept responsibility or liability for the privacy and security practices of such external sites.
10.3 Changes to the policy. We may make changes to this policy from time to time, so please review it periodically. When we materially change our policy, we will take steps to notify you in advance of this change, for example by sending you an e-mail.
5611 ZC Eindhoven
Tel.: +31 (0)40 201 33 28
E-mail: [email protected]
Tel.: +32 (0)3 212 15 15
E-mail: [email protected]
Tel.: +49 (0)40 228 645 150
E-mail: de[email protected]
Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted by e-mailing [email protected]
Last changed: 30 Jan 2019